Monday, March 25, 2013

The Walking Dead Survival Instinct Game Review ( Game based off of TV Series)

The long awaited game has finally arrived. My family and I have long been fans of the popular FOX TV series "The Walking Dead".  With Daryl as my favorite character on the show and the lead man in this game, I couldn't wait to get my fingers on the buttons and start having my own Experience of survival in a world overtaken by Biters. 


 The game is a
prequel to the Series of Walking Dead.  Daryl and his brother Merle before the story begins on the TV show.

You basically get to live out your own Walking Dead experience by using your own survival instincts to choose routes, gather supplies and resources, meet other survivors and decide who to trust and who to leave behind.

There is a lot to take into consideration: which route is best to travel, how to use and conserve things like food-gasoline-batteries-weapons-ammo-etc.

The Biters can hear any sounds you make ( so choose wisely when to use your gun ) - and they can smell you so keep your distance or one will see you and 20 others will follow.



TIPS:

  • In the first round, the game will help explain the best ways to kill a biter the "quickest". One being to press and hold R2. You will knife the zombie from above the head, coming down straight into the skull causing an instant kill. Otherwise if you just try to repeatedly hit coming from the side, it will take several blows to kill and most of the time the biter will get several hits in as well by then. 
  • Crouch and hide as much as possible when approaching new rooms and ground.. this will keep you hidden and out of sight from the biters, allowing you to cover more ground and accomplish the task needed.
  • Like I mentioned earlier, only use guns later in the game when it is absolutely necessary. When you fire shots on one zombie, other distant zombies will hear and fast approach to kill. It is very hard to survive in this game with multiple biters attacking at once. You have to use your sharp skills to keep them unaware of you so you are able to kill one by one without being noticed.
  • With that said the best way to kill is from behind. If you see one alone with his back turned to you, take the opportunity. 
  • Make sure to check all the rooms you can in buildings you are lead into. If you find an unlocked door go ahead and check it out. That is where you will find supplies to collect, survivors to trade or team up with, and even a few biters so you can eliminate them before they have the chance to group together with others to attack you.
  • FYI.. the biters cannot jump or climb so you can reach safety on high grounds or vehicles if you need a quick escape.  


In this pick you can see that inside buildings, the only light you have is the small cicle of light your flashlight gives off. This adds an edge to it I like (it's almost like I am in a horror movie)






Definitely do not mistake this game for a Call of Duty Zombies type game. It is very different but in a really good way.  I have had a blast getting to make my own way through the game and having more of a challenge to survive other than just shoot to kill.

The only thing I don't like is the One Player thing. A big part of gaming I like is connecting with other people to play with or against or playing with my brothers or friends. This is a solo game but my family has had fun watching and helping to figure it out along with me.

I have been trying to make a few videos and uploading them but we are not very good at the whole You Tube video making thing yet. But be patient and stay tuned because hopefully I can get some good quality material to upload to give more in depth reviews of my favorite games and show you some secrets, how-to's, and even some cheats.


Hope you get this awesome Walking Dead game and love it as much as I do. Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment